Careers - Assistant Buyer (3-6 month FTC)
We are Sosandar. Based in Wilmslow, Cheshire, we’re one of the UK’s fastest growing online fashion brands for chic and stylish women; worn by celebs and influencers galore. We have an amazing opportunity for someone equally as amazing to join our growing team as an Assistant Buyer.
As Assistant Buyer, you will be working with your Buyer, supporting on a wide range of tasks from product range building, supplier communication, sample management, departmental admin and order raising. You have the opportunity to be involved in trade, emerging trend meetings and weekly Buy sign offs.
Your role is to ensure the department is running smoothly with your tasks completed to deadlines so as a team you can optimally deliver the product range.
Joining a growing fast paced fashion brand means there is an opportunity to take on additional responsibility whilst learning the key skills of a Buyer within a small team.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced pressured fashion environment, have a strong eye for detail, learn about the Sosandar customer who is at the heart of what we do. You will take pride in accuracy and have a large capacity for learning and problem solving.
This is what you’ll do:
- Critical Path Management – work on excel critical paths alongside the Merchandising Assistant and Garment Tech. Monitor the weekly supplier critical paths and flag to your Buyer and Merch problems or risks to shipments.
- Communicate with suppliers daily, chase in cost prices, fabric information and answer queries in a timely manner.
- Organise Admin management - update the range plans, complete excel data sheets for our external partners, file lab dips and bulk fabrics.
- Purchase order Creation. Utilise your accuracy skills.
- Weekly Buy prep – Samples steamed and hung ready for the Buy. Support the models and take photo’s for the Buy sign off pack. An eye for detail is required along with an understanding of how the customer would wear the product.
- Depending on experience you will have the opportunity to take ownership of a product range.
- Present in the weekly Buy and weekly trade meetings in the absence of your Buyer.
- Attend all fit meetings, fill in relevant documents and support in the commercial fitting of a garment.
- Approve Lab dips and bulks.
- Sample Management – Ensuring sample room is kept tidy and up to date, chase in photoshoot samples working with the marketing team and tech team to ensure the correct products are handed over for shoots. Work with Tech to chase in fit samples inline with critical path management.
Who we’re looking for:
To join us as an Assistant Buyer, you will need:
- At least 2 year’s experience of working in a Buying function.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate effectively with a worldwide supply chain, management team and your peers.
- The ability to build rapport and relationships with suppliers and colleagues.
- Strong team player – work towards the brand goals with a solution focused positive mindset.
- Strong administrative skills and the ability to work independently.
- Critical path workflow and management skills.
- A “right first time” attitude.
- Strong Excel skills – Pivot tables and formulas are ideal skills.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, we celebrate our differences and know that as a team we thrive in a diverse and inclusive environment. Sosandar, therefore, very much welcomes applicants from all individuals.
Think you tick all the boxes? Great, we want to hear from you! Please send us your CV and a covering letter to [email protected] telling us why Sosandar and you are the perfect fit.