We are looking for a Garment Technologist with woven & swim/lingerie experience to join a fast paced, growing technical team to develop, enhance and manage their own product areas whilst contributing to the wider product teams to drive forward quality and fit.
- To manage live model fittings across a variety of product ranges. Product fittings are fast paced and are a collaborative approach with buying and design teams. Attention to detail is key and ability to work at speed necessary.
- Fitting and approving from physical samples and established blocks using brand standardised gradings and templates.
- Creation of comprehensive, clear, and logical written comments complete with supporting imagery and diagrams for suppliers to understand and achieve the desired product fit and quality.
- Strong understanding of test reports and chemical compliance to ensure the product meets customer and brand expectations.
- Strong understanding of pattern construction to support suppliers correctly and efficiently, improving fit and reducing sample quantity.
- Strong understanding of garment construction to ensure the best possible methods are used within cost and to achieve a premium and durable finish.
- Understanding of product returns and implementing improvements based on the products performance.
- Ability to support other members of the Technical team with fit and quality queries and be an advisory to other functions within the business such as Buying, Design, Merch and Sourcing.
- Understanding of fabric characteristics and behaviour for product suitability.
- Comprehensive understanding of factory production line processes.
- Customer focused. Responding to all customer queries relating to product fit and quality as a priority to support the customer service team.
- Maintaining the critical path with accuracy and consistency so visibility of the product progression is easily accessible to all functions within the business.
- 4 years’ experience at a similar level within a womenswear function with strong understanding and experience of woven & swim/lingerie product.
- Ability to fit accurately and at speed is a necessity.
- Collaborative and clear communicator. Ability to work with the wider product team such as Buying, Design, Merchandise, Marketing and Sourcing and building successful working relationships.
- Organised, agile and able to prioritise within a busy office environment where change of priorities are frequent.
- Active contributor to product discussions, sharing of ideas and new processes to improve best practice.
- Supportive, fair and motivational to work with.
- Confident in their ability and able to voice opinions and ideas in a professional manner.
- Enthusiastic about product and constantly seeks to make improvements for the brand and customer.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, we celebrate our differences and know that as a team we thrive in a diverse and inclusive environment. Sosandar, therefore, very much welcomes applicants from all individuals.
Think you tick all the boxes? Great, we want to hear from you! Please send us your CV and a covering letter to [email protected] telling us why Sosandar and you are the perfect fit.