Head of Ecommerce
Sosandar is one of the fastest growing womenswear brands in the UK. Founded by Ali Hall and Julie Lavington in 2016, Sosandar provides a one-stop online shop for style con-scious women who have graduated from price-led alternatives. The Company offers this underserved audience fashion-forward, affordable, quality clothing to make them feel sexy, feminine and chic. The business sells predominantly own-label exclusive product designed in-house.
Sosandar’s product range is diverse, offering its customers all main womenswear clothing categories, including a wide range of flattering dresses for all occasions, a market-leading denim collection and extensive knitwear range. The Company has brand partnerships in place with Next, John Lewis, Marks & Spencer, the Very Group and N. Brown.
Sosandar's growth strategy is to continue to build brand awareness and expand its cus-tomer base through developing exceptional products, providing a seamless customer ex-perience and using impactful, lifestyle marketing activity. This is underpinned by combin-ing innovation with data analysis, which drives successful product development and new customer targeting.
Sosandar was founded in 2016, is listed on the London Stock Exchange and has grown rapidly, with forecasted revenue of £43m for the current financial year.
Sosandar has an exciting strategic plan which will deliver further significant growth for the years ahead and now has a requirement for a commercial and creative Head of Ecommerce. This newly created role will play an integral role, devising and implementing the Ecommerce strategy as Sosandar continues to grow.
Reporting directly to the Marketing Director, you will be responsible for defining and implementing the ecommerce and trading strategy across our own site and third party partner sites. You will act as the company’s ecommerce lead, driving the commercial day-to-day website, alongside delivering an ecommerce strategy that can deliver future-proofed scale. You will also be responsible for managing the ecommerce team to deliver a world class online customer experience, exceeding high growth targets and key KPI’s. You’ll have the freedom to turn concepts into reality, working in a fast environment with no long line of sign off processes, you will be expected to make good ideas happen, quickly.
Objectives of this Role
- You will be responsible for developing and executing the ecommerce trading strategy, in agreement with the Marketing Director, and work closely with the ecommerce technical team to implement this, ensuring acquisition, retention and commercial targets are being met within budget, to deadline, and achieving all KPI’s and ROI targets.
- You will take the lead role overseeing the day-to-day trading and merchandising across sosandar.com , constantly refining and enhancing the strategy to suit business needs and the changing digital landscape. You will also lead the strategy of trading product on out third party partner sites: M&S, John Lewis, Next etc ensuring the most up-to-date imagery and video content is live at all times.
- Working closely with buying and merchandising, you will take ownership of the prod-uct presentation onsite to create the ideal ‘shop window’, ensuring products go live on time. You will continually optimise the customer experience and journey, content and merchandising of all product onsite. This includes individual product pages and how these are displayed, to management of categories, sort orders, searchandising, the setting up and creation of new onsite categories to meet customers demands and needs etc
- With a deep understanding of our customers you will ensure they are shown the products they want the most and see them at the right time to help drive business performance and deliver rapid sell-through. You will lead the day-to-day management of the front-end store, ensuring the visual merchandising of all category pages is optimal at all times as well as proposing new categories to enhance customer experience and optimise performance, ensuring rapid sell through of all styles.
- Create a roadmap and deliver consistently high quality and engaging end-to-end cus-tomer journeys, constantly optimising them to drive transactions, identifying barriers, and monitoring ecommerce trends
- Constantly review and defining the site mega menu and trade all aspects of the site in-line with business objectives.
- Working closely with the Technical Ecommerce team, you will initiate projects to drive website performance forward strategically in terms of new development and on-going improvements, including development of both in-house tools and working with 3rd party technology suppliers
- Build and manage A/B and MV testing plan to support roadmap with proof of concept
- Be an expert in Google Analytics, utilising and interpreting data to prioritise areas of focus and make informed decisions. Report on and analyse website metrics, overall customer engagement and conversion on site to develop future strategies and areas for improvement
- Work closely with the Head of Marketing to merchandise landing pages to coordinate with email, tv and brochure campaigns, ensuring key deadlines are met for campaign delivery of all marketing activities, driving revenue for the business
- Deliver best in class customer experience working closely with the customer service team to provide the customer with relevant information, advice, and conversion opportunity
- Conduct regular competitor activity to understand the marketplace
Who are we looking for
- We want someone who is entrepreneurial and highly creative, combined with strong strategic, commercial and analytical skills. You will have a creative heart and commercial head, bringing a balance of both to drive sales
- You will have extensive ecommerce trading experience with a strong track record in developing and implementing successful strategies
- You need to be hands-on with senior experience managing a team and £multi-million website
- You will have excellent attention to detail and quality with an intuitive grasp of brand and customer
- You will have hands on experience with web CMS’, able to comfortably navigate the platform and upload products and make site changes. Magento 2 experience is preferable.
- You will have the ability to analyse customer behaviour and pre-empt their desires and needs onsite to ensure they have a seamless end-to-end onsite experience
- Very strong leadership skills, leading by example in all work related activities
- Strong organisation skills: self-directed and capable of working effectively in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment while juggling multiple projects.