Head of Marketing
Sosandar is one of the fastest growing womenswear brands in the UK. Founded by Ali Hall and Julie Lavington in 2016, Sosandar provides a one-stop online shop for style conscious women who have graduated from price-led alternatives. The Company offers this underserved audience fashion-forward, affordable, quality clothing to make them feel sexy, feminine and chic. The business sells predominantly own-label exclusive product designed in-house.
Sosandar’s product range is diverse, offering its customers all main womenswear clothing categories, including a wide range of flattering dresses for all occasions, a market-leading denim collection and extensive knitwear range. The Company has brand partnerships in place with Next, John Lewis and Marks & Spencer, The Very Group and N Brown.
Sosandar's growth strategy is to continue to build brand awareness and expand its cus-tomer base through developing exceptional products, providing a seamless customer ex-perience and using impactful, lifestyle marketing activity. This is underpinned by combin-ing innovation with data analysis, which drives successful product development and new customer targeting.
Sosandar was founded in 2016, is listed on the London Stock Exchange and has grown rapidly, with forecasted revenue of £43m for the current financial year.
Sosandar has an exciting strategic plan which will deliver further significant growth for the years ahead and now has a requirement for a commercially and creative focused Head of Marketing. This newly created role will play an integral role, devising and im-plementing the Marketing strategy as Sosandar continues to grow.
Reporting directly to the Marketing Director, you will be responsible for defining and implementing the customer acquisition and retention marketing strategy across all marketing channels. You will be accountable for campaign effectiveness - setting objectives and tracking against clear KPIs. you must have a strong creative eye and equally strong commercial awareness. You’ll have the freedom to turn concepts into reality, working in a fast environment with no long line of sign off processes, you will be expected to make good ideas happen, quickly.
You will thrive in the energetic and fast paced culture of Sosandar and will manage a team of Marketing, PR, Social, Creative and Customer Service members to maximise the brand and trading performance of Sosandar’s own site and it’s third party partners.
Objectives of this Role
- Develop and deliver marketing plans and projects that are on brand, within budget, to deadline, and to achieve all KPI’s and ROI targets.
- Shape the marketing strategy in agreement with the Marketing Director and implement this across all acquisition and marketing channels, ensuring acquisition, retention and commercial targets are being met.
- Lead all strategic marketing and branding planning activities, including customer segmentation, acquisition and retention planning, working closely with the Data and Insights team to ensure performance of all activity is analysed, ROI calculated and outputs are used to inform future budget and activity decisions.
- Manage the customer journey across all touch points – site personalisation, customer preferences, email, SMS, automated campaigns, retargeting, and so on.
- Lead the marketing calendar, ensuring key deadlines are met for campaign delivery and all marketing activities with an emphasis on email campaigns, TV, printed brochures, paid, social, PR, SEO and Affiliates.
- Manage and coordinate all marketing, advertising and promotional activities, ensuring all team members work cohesively and are aware of overall plans and their roles in delivering.
- Work alongside our external agencies to oversee and manage the paid social, PPC and Google shopping campaigns, ensuring approach is scalable, commercial and supports delivery of top line business goals and strategy.
- Responsible for continually growing social channels and followings whilst increasing engagement, and growing a high quality email list.
- Report on performance, analysing and reviewing the effectiveness of campaigns to maximise results.
- Work closely with the Head of Ecommerce to drive revenue for the business and trade the website.
- Develop and lead the creation of all brand content assets including, creatives, graphic design, TV Commercials & glossy printed brochures.
- Identify product stories, trends and events and translate them into relevant customer communication, ensuring that each campaign is optimised with best practise, testing, customer relevance/personalisation, and has clear objectives set.
- Lead all photoshoots from concept to execution overseeing the work of the shoot creative lead to ensure the creative assets fulfil commercial goals.
Who are we looking for
- We want someone who is entrepreneurial and highly creative, combined with strong strategic, commercial and analytical skills. You will have a creative heart and commercial head, bringing a balance of both to help form campaigns that speak to our customers and drive sales.
- You will have extensive brand and marketing experience with a strong track record in developing and implementing successful marketing strategies having managed significant budgets.
- Demonstrable success in improving the ROAS & scale of digital marketing investments.
- An excellent attention to detail and quality with an intuitive grasp of brand and customer.
- You need to be hands-on with senior experience. Ownership of CRM and wider Mar-keting activities both online and offline.
- Very strong leadership skills, leading by example in all work related activities.
- Strong organisation skills: self-directed and capable of working effectively in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment while juggling multiple projects.