We are Sosandar. Based in Wilmslow, Cheshire, we’re one of the UK’s fastest growing online fashion brands for chic and stylish women; worn by celebs and influencers galore. We have an amazing opportunity for someone equally as amazing to join our growing team as a Jersey Product Buyer
Working across Dresses, Tops, Lounge & Leisure, the ideal candidate will have experience of fast fashion Buying alongside core planning, range building and analytical buying. A varied fashion background is required covering fast fashion in addition to bricks and mortar buying experience, which is preferred.
This role requires a Buyer who thrives in a changing ‘growth’ environment and works well under pressure. You will enjoy implementing process for the benefit of the product teams to streamline working practises alongside the weekly and monthly planning and range building requirements.
You will enjoy and have the skills to ‘get stuck into the detail’ to ensure best practises are implemented on the department and be prepared to ‘roll your sleeves up’ working at a low and high level with a positive attitude.
There is opportunity to be involved in various business projects alongside the day to day of the jersey buying role.
This is what you’ll do
- Plan quarterly with the merchandiser, clearly communicating lessons learnt, plan of action and delivering robust analytical plans to drive out commercial ranges for Own site as well as external 3rd
- Deliver a balanced range across fabric, shape, print and colour.
- Manage the weekly buy for the Jersey areas alongside the designer ensuring all samples are reflective of the original design work, costed to BIM targets and able to hit the required intake dates.
- Trade weekly – ensuring forward stock is reflective of weekly trading patterns, managing the intake to ensure stock is landing at the right time.
- Be responsible for critical path, ensuring all team members are utilising the critical path effectively.
- Have a strong commercial eye, able to understand the brands vision and able to put our customer at the forefront of every product decision.
- Ensure the customer is at the heart of all decisions from colour, print, Design and fitting of the garment.
- Ability to read analytical data to drive out strategic buying actions, implementing the actions quickly and efficiently.
- Contribute to our trend forum encouraging all levels of the product team to have a voice, helping keep the focus on the customers’ requirements.
- Deliver to the revenue, BIM and returns targets set by the Senior Management team.
- Manage supplier relationships – identifying risks and opportunities alongside the technical, design and sourcing teams.
- Run production and capacity planning to ensure we deliver the best BIM whilst staying flexible in season.
- Hold strong knowledge of jersey bases and how they perform with different printing methods. Understand factory print capabilities to ensure the right method is selected for production.
Who we’re looking for
- A commercial fashion eye (essential).
- Experience in trading a department to maximise sales, ideally with eCommerce experience.
- Analytical and creative thinker. Able to work with Excel spreadsheets whilst spotting the latest winner.
- Strong communication skills to ensure Buying Director and key Management teams are kept up to date and informed.
- The ability to problem-solve under pressure in a fun, fast-paced environment.
- Enjoys change, open to new ways of working.
- Identifies new ways of working that fit the business as it continues to grow.
- Able to take responsibility and make independent decisions.
- Effective time management and the ability to prioritise.
- Understands/has experience with the ‘test and repeat’ eCommerce buying model.
- Be confident Excel, PowerPoint.
- Holds a clean and valid UK driving licence.
Please note that this role requires some travel to Europe and Far East as and when required by the business.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, we celebrate our differences and know that as a team we thrive in a diverse and inclusive environment. Sosandar, therefore, very much welcomes applicants from all individuals.
Think you tick all the boxes? Great, we want to hear from you! Please send us your CV and a covering letter to [email protected] telling us why Sosandar and you are the perfect fit.