Sourcing, Supplier Management, Sustainability and Ethical
We are Sosandar – a chic and exciting online fashion destination for stylish women; worn by celebs and influencers galore.
This role works closely with the Head of Sourcing and Product teams to manage the lifecycle of Sosandar supplier/factories, from onboarding to ongoing management of supplier relationships and the delivery of a fit for future and strategic supply base.
This is what you’ll do:
Reporting to The Head of Sourcing
- Develop and manage our supply base to meet the long term needs of the business and support ethical, sustainability and supply targets that you have helped to define
- Research, develop and attract new suppliers, product categories, manufacturing territories in line with the brands development.
- Ensure new and existing suppliers work to and meet brand ethical and sustainability objectives
- Work collaboratively with the product teams to commercially validate new suppliers and ensure costing and pricing exercises are completed comprehensively.
- Ensure communication with any potential new suppliers is consistent and suppliers have adequate feedback to progress.
- Guide and mentor new suppliers through initial order process until established.
- Collaborate with suppliers to manage capacity for sampling and production for on time delivery and margin advantage.
- Support the Head of Sourcing with regular analysis and evaluation of the existing supply base with the development, introduction and implementation of supplier performance management and strategic plan.
- Work with existing suppliers to ensure potential is maximised and collaborate with the product teams to ensure those opportunities are developed.
- Support the Product Teams in investigating and resolving any issues as they arise
- Identify route causes to solve problems effectively.
- Monitor and track global supply chain costs allowing the business to respond proactively and minimise any negative impact
- Management and review of the supplier manual
- Collaboration with Finance on currency and terms management
- Collaboration with Supply Chain and Logistics and the warehouse.
We’re looking for someone with…
- A background in Fashion Retail, in a Sourcing/Supply, technical or buying role
- Knowledge and experience of maintaining an Ethical supply chain
- Experience of implementing sustainability objectives
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Knowledge of international suppliers, supplier set up, management and onboarding processes.
- Strong analytical skills and proficient in Excel
- The ability to work cross-functionally with other areas of Retail, including Buying, Merchandising and Design
- A passion for the Sosandar brand.
- Well organised and the ability to work within a fast-paced environment
- Solid communication skills to provide clear direction both visually and verbally to individuals at all levels of the company
- Demonstrates the ability to drive success through strategic, creative, and commercial thinking
- Has good negotiation and influencing skills, can successfully gain buy in from the team and leaders to potentialize opportunities
- Shows strong awareness of current sourcing trends, market conditions and opportunities within a Global context
- Frequent international travel is an essential requirement of the role
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Huge staff discount and sample sales
- 25 days holiday + never work on your birthday again!