OUR HEAD DESIGNER'S 5 MUST-BUYS
Head of Design Anna picks her top five must-haves from the new Sosandar collection and reveals how she’ll be styling them…
Sosandar Head of Design Anna Andrews.
Meet Anna Andrews, Sosandar’s Head of Design. With over 20 years of experience across both high street and branded womenswear, Anna knows what women want from fashion today; “The Sosandar woman has graduated from fast fashion and one-season wonders to wanting an on-trend take on easy-to-wear pieces that will transcend the seasons” she says.
“We’re all about timeless, trend-inspired pieces. Style comes from within, and we aim to make this as effortless as possible so our woman can feel confident and stylish, despite their busy lives. Our designs are influenced by trend, but led by the customer.”
And Anna’s go-to outfit? “I’ve got two. It's either a boyfriend or skinny jean with statement top – I love a bit of lace here or a ruffle there – or a midi dress. I’m particularly loving the 40s look that’s having a moment now. And heels, always heels."
1. LEOPARD PRINT RUFFLE DRESS "In at no.1 is our leopard print dress. A favourite with the Sosandar team and the fashion press, this really is a suits-all hero buy that looks great on every size and shape. For a wardrobe staple, you can’t beat a true leopard print - from Brigitte Bardot to Alexa Chung, it’s long been a firm fashion favourite – and I think we’ve created the perfect pattern. My mum wore leopard print, I wear it and no doubt my five-year-old daughter will be wear it too."
2. EMBROIDERED FLUTE SLEEVE TOP "Embroidery has been such a big trend over the last season and is set to carry through to autumn, so invest now! Combining two key trends of the season thanks to the fluted sleeves, our top is simple but statement – the perfect piece to elevate your trusty jeans."
3. ORIENTAL FLORAL BELL SLEEVE DRESS “The go-to dress of the season, what I love about it is the luxurious crepe de chine fabric, which holds colour and print so well. Our prints are designed in-house, making them totally unique. You’ll pull this out of your wardrobe in a few years and it will still look current – just throw your leather biker jacket on top and add a heeled ankle boot to go from day to night."
4. SPOT PRINT RUFFLE SLEEVE TOP "Directional doesn’t have to mean difficult to wear. Yes, the sleeves may be stand-out thanks to that amazing double ruffle, but the timeless polka dot print means it will work season after season, with everything from jeans to ankle grazing cigarette trousers."
5. BLUSH PINK SATIN SHIRT "Having a ‘don’t know what to wear’ day? You can’t go wrong with this hammered satin blush blouse. Blondes, brunettes, redheads – everyone looks good in blush pink. I wore it with our tan suede trousers for a luxe texture clash and piled on the delicate gold jewellery, but it’s also great for the office with a chic black pencil skirt."