Wholesale Bricks and Mortar Buyer
Wholesale Bricks and Mortar Buyer
We are Sosandar. Based in Wilmslow, Cheshire, we’re one of the UK’s fastest growing online fashion brands for chic and stylish women; worn by celebs and influencers galore. We have an amazing opportunity for someone equally as amazing to join our growing Wholesale Buying team.
You will be working across multi product categories with the main range buyers to present each of our wholesale partners with a chic, glamourous and sexy range that reflects their customers’ needs.
A key part to this role is the ability to take an ecommerce fashion range and build store collections that are cohesive, planned to space requirements as well as product mixes. You will be highly skilled in range building for stores to enable Sosandar to ‘shine’ in a store environment.
A varied fashion background is required covering fast fashion as well as bricks and mortar buying experience, you will have strong communication skills to ensure you can work closely with a fast paced fashion buying team, co ordinating the buy for each individual wholesale account.
This role requires a Buyer who thrives in a changing ‘growth’ environment and works well under pressure. This is a new department and therefore you will enjoy implementing process for the benefit of the product teams to streamline working practises alongside the weekly and monthly planning and range building requirements.
You will enjoy and have the skills to ‘get stuck into the detail’ to ensure best practises are implemented such as critical paths on the department and be prepared to ‘roll your sleeves up’ working at a low and high level with a positive attitude.
This is what you’ll do
- Plan and work to the quarterly KPI’s with the wholesale merchandiser, clearly communicating lessons learnt, plan of action and delivering robust analytical plans to drive out commercial ranges for each of our wholesale partners.
- Deliver a balanced range across fabric, shape, print and colour by working closely with each of the main range buying teams. You must be able to multitask as you will be working with various wholesale accounts as well as all of the category buyers to ‘create’ personalised wholesale ranges.
- Weekly meetings with the wholesale partners to gain learnings to improve each range offering as well as keeping track of the wholesale critical path calendar.
- Trade weekly – looking at Sosandar’s stocks and wholesale partners sales to see where we can help maximise sales by offering continual new products.
- Be responsible for the critical path alongside the main buying team.
- Have a strong commercial eye, able to understand the brands vision and able to put our customer at the forefront of every product decision for each wholesale partner.
- Ensure the customer is at the heart of all decisions from colour, print, Design and fitting of the garment.
- Ability to read analytical data to drive out strategic buying actions, implementing the actions quickly and efficiently.
- Contribute to our trend forum encouraging all levels of the product team to have a voice, helping keep the focus on the customer’s requirements.
- Deliver to the Revenue, BIM and returns targets set by Management team.
- At the heart of all tasks will be range building to ensure each partner has the commercial range that drives sales.
Who we’re looking for
- Range building skills, visually able to pull a commercial, aesthetic range together using shape, print and fabrications whilst working to a high pace.
- A commercial fashion eye is essential.
- Experience in trading a department to maximise sales, ideally eCommerce experience.
- Analytical as well as creative. Able to work with excel spreadsheets whilst spotting the latest winner.
- Strong communication skills to ensure Buying Director and key management teams are kept up to date and informed.
- The ability to problem-solve under pressure in a fun fast paced environment.
- Enjoys change, open to new ways of working.
- Identifies new ways of working that fit the business as it continues to grow.
- Able to take responsibility and make decisions.
- Strong communication with all departments and levels is imperative.
- Effective time management and the ability to prioritise.
- Understands/ has experience with the test and repeat ecommerce buying model and bricks and mortar buying.
- Be confident Excel, Powerpoint
- Holds a clean and valid UK driving licence.
Please note that this role requires some travel to Europe and Far East as and when required by the business.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, we celebrate our differences and know that as a team we thrive in a diverse and inclusive environment. Sosandar, therefore, very much welcomes applicants from all individuals.
Think you tick all the boxes? Great, we want to hear from you! Please send us your CV and a covering letter to [email protected] telling us why Sosandar and you are the perfect fit.